20100708

RAF SIMONS
SPRING/SUMMER 2011











I have neither missed nor forgotten the RAF SIMONS spring/summer presentation; on the contrary, I have browsed through the show pictures, like, I don't know, a gazillion times. I've just been too busy spending leisure time, on a mere vacation, to share my thoughts with you, but now, I can and must say this: I absolutely love this collection!

Raf Simons celebrates his brand's 15th anniversary, with both an homage to his own, previous collections, and brand new cuts. The familiar pieces are the baggy trousers; the sleeveless shirts, jackets and coats; the Peter de Potter prints; the slim suits; the bomber jackets; and last but not least, the typical youth embracement.

The big theme of the collection, other than the reminiscence, is zippers. Zippers with big pulls, mostly on the back, makes their appearances on almost every single garment, and it looks rather interesting.

Oh, dear, I can't find the sufficient adjectives to describe the brilliance of this collection. However, once again, my hat is off to you, Raf Simons.

What a triumph!
---------------
RAF SIMONS





No comments:

Post a Comment